Saturday, September 18, 2010


so i am interested in becoming certified to teach classes. workout classes. spin. running.

i am curious about how and where to begin ? any body have any advice on how to get started and what certifications are respected ?


  1. I have no clue, but I would call my gym and ask them. They all had to be certified at some point.

  2. For running, there's the RRCA coaching class (I did this one). Not sure on spinning, etc. There's also USAT coaching certifications. You can email me if you want more details on RRCA.

  3. RRCA for running, Spinning has it's own certification. ACE has a basic fitness class cert and then you have your big ones, like ACSM or NASM for PT cert. I agree with beachmama, call the gym and see what they recommend!

  4. Agree with the suggestions above and also you should talk to people who actually do it.

  5. I just wanted to say that I got certified through ACE for both group fitness and personal training.

    In my area, I could get a job at any of the gyms. When I have applied for jobs or inquired about them I have received very good responses (most of the interviewers were actually pleased and impressed) to the ACE certificates.

    If you have questions about the ACE exams let me know. I hope I can help.


what are you triing

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.